The Great Convergence: ReMix

A remade video game crossover RP, based around the concepts of Kingdom Hearts

Running on Time

Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Running on Time Empty Running on Time

Post by Gregzilla on Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:05 pm

Station Plaza

The train station was calm as usual, at least in terms of danger. The perpetual sunset was on the horizon, the clock continuing to move as normal in spite of the sun's bizarre nature in this Realm of In-Between. People milled about, going on visits by train from the beach, to and from other districts of the town, and more. Some children were leaving to go home to one place or another by way of the neighborhood down on Market Street nearby.

A young woman was nearby, wearing what appeared to be a dark gray set of light armor with a blue cloak over it, a similarly light blue visor in front of her eyes, held to the sides of her head over her red hair. Her skin was fair, but her eyes were a bit of a standout element if one were to look closely at them. There did not appear to be much in the way of irises at all unless one looked closely, at which point they would see some gray ghosting around the edges of where one would be, indicating her eye color was a bizarre white. However, it was rare for anyone to get close enough to see that.

As for the reason why, the answer was merely her own secretive nature. Rather than standing with those below, she had taken to sitting on the edge of the clock tower's upper ledge, a place often only frequented by teenagers at the oldest, barring one or two exceptions. A series of holograms showing maps and camera views of the area from a variety of angles were in an arc in front of her as she moved them around, muttering to herself as she looked through the information she wanted to find, the effort incidentally causing her fingers down to her forearms to take on a light blue tone due to the split focus. The data was centered in on the mansion in the distance. A hole in a wall to the woods had been patched over the past few months, rendering the only possible route in that direction as through the neighborhood, in through the underground entrances.

She wouldn't survive long on her own if she tried to hunt him down up front, but this location was one of the closest ones to finding out what exactly was happening.

"Where is 'e...?"

(Open to anyone. Basically it's one screen away from the neighborhood, so not too far off. If they happen to appear down below on the main floor of the plaza, she'll notice them quickly enough if they stand out.)

Last edited by Gregzilla on Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mr. Z
    Mr. Z

Running on Time Empty Re: Running on Time

Post by Mr. Z on Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:47 pm

Inside of the Central Station itself, a aura of green light begin to emanate from in front of one of the ticket kiosks.  There is a small 'WHIRR' as a figure manifests out of the green light, causing the few people still around the ticket kiosks to back away slowly.  He clearly stood out from the rest of the regular people around Twilight Town.  While they were of various builds, they all looked like ordinary people.  Men and women, young and old, tall, small, thick, thin...  They all looked like they belonged here.  But this newcomer...  He stuck out badly.  Not only was the man much bigger than the majority of the people around him, his appearance was far from the casual wear that the citizen of Twilight Town wore.  The closest approximation of what he wore would be that of a space -age knight , complete with a sleek looking, face-obscuring helmet and a massive sword hanging from his back, along with a strange floating mechanical object hovering close by the figure's head.

"Are you sure this really is the best course of action?  I'm sure if we head back now..."

"If we head back now, we'll have wasted valuable time and achieved nothing.  We can't go back or report in until we have something of importance."  He prepares to step outside into the Station Plaza, only to feel a tug at the tuft of fabric hanging from his waist.  He pauses to look down, seeing a little girl no older than 5 being the culprit of tugging at his armor's mark.  He sighs.  "Please don't do that."

The kid quickly lets go of the fabric and looks up at the tall man.  "Who are you?"

"No one to worry about.  Go to your parents...  Please."  His voice rather deep, the man steps away from the kid, pushing the door to the Station Plaza open and entering the open area, pausing to look back and see the kid run back to who were presumably her parents.

"That wasn't really necessary, not to mention it was a bit rude.  If you'd been patient, the kid would have let go and wandered back to her parents."  The little machine hovers in front of the man's covered face, the small extending widgets of its body rotating around the center, it's central eye glowing a little red in response

"I don't like being the center of attention.  You know that."

"Maybe if you had something other than your armor on, this wouldn't have happened."

The man vigorously shakes his head.  "I will not take the risk of going somewhere without any means of defense, be it my armor or equipment."

"At least the helmet.  You know I can quickly transmat it back onto you in the event of attack."

"No."  As if to punctuate the fact that this conversation was over, the figure walks away from the hovering machine.

*SIGH*  "A week of travel in an enclosed space, only to be surrounded by people upon arrival...  No wonder he's grumpy."  Looking back at the station, the little machine turns around and follows behind the man as he proceeds to head down into the center of town, towards Market Street and the Tram Common.  Both move quickly past the other people who stood off to the side, clearly not wanting to waste time with the natives.  Their focus was solely on their own task.
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla on Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:31 am

The red-haired woman noticed something popping up nearby, specifically down below. A rather large man, not quite a giant, along with what appeared to be some kind of metallic orb floating around him. Seemed pretty similar to a Spartan-II and a Monitor on first inspection, though she knew better than to assume anything at all. Swiping some of her screens away, she focused in on a security camera down below meant to look over the plaza, hacking into it with some power of her own so as to see what it did, hear what it did as well, with the effect coming up as another screen.

She could hear what was happening, could hear the commotion on some level, but nothing too deep. As much as she loved information, she wasn't going to risk too much. Especially when her vision, focused in on her targets, was coming up with some mixture of both magic and technology from another world altogether, though the specifics yet eluded her from the brief scan at such a distance.

Unfortunately, while this world did have some technological advancements such as smartphones, there were no electronic, automated signs to tell when new trains would arrive, everything still using more analog means. A pity, really. She was hoping to have some fun with those. However...

There. Some of the people around had the aforementioned phones, including text capabilities. Using her camera vantage point, she focused in with her highly analytical vision on one of the other civilians, specifically in on his phone while he was looking at it. Into it, she sent a text message, making the man jump in surprise on reading it, the message clearly meant for the newcomer. She just hoped the man would pass the phone along briefly, especially given she couldn't maintain this distance for the hack for very long without an actual non-mystical means.

"Pretty far from your castle, aren't you?"
    Mr. Z
    Mr. Z

Post by Mr. Z on Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:56 pm

The man with the phone, clearly nonplussed as to the phrase appearing on the screen, can't help but say it aloud.  "Pretty far from your castle, aren't you?"

The armored figure pauses, turning around to look at the man who had uttered the phrase.  "What did you say?"

The man stutters a bit, clearly intimidated by the slowly oncoming six and a half foot tall neo-knight.  "I-it just came across my phone.  I dunno what, or who or why?"  He cowers a little bit, arms crossed in front of his face, his left hand still holding his phone.  "Please don't hurt me."

"I won't.  Plinkett."  Without any hesitation, the small drone following him hovers in front of the cowering man as a beam of light emanates from the small holographic lens on it.

"Don't be nervous, I'm just doing a brief scan on your communications device.  It shouldn't take a moment."  As Plinkett says this, a small grid of light encompasses the phone.  "Hm, interesting."  The grid disappears, and Plinkett's shell rotates.  "I do feel as though I should apologize in regards to my Guardian's... abruptness."

"Plinkett..."  The aforementioned Guardian's voice is a bit tense, clearly not in the mood for Plinkett's desire to explain to others.

"He's been dealing with some difficulties recently and our travels haven't..."

"Plinkett.  Results.  NOW."

Plinkett pauses a moment, before looking back at his Guardian.  "Right, of course.  Apologies, Samson."  Turning around to see the guy run off, Plinkett gives another sigh as he speaks back the results of his scan.  "He wasn't lying, first and foremost.  The message clearly didn't originate from the gentleman's device.  The data packet that held it was delivered via a short-burst transmission.  As to who did create this message, they should still be in relatively close proximity, not more than a half kilometer in any direction."

"No way to narrow it down?"  Samson crosses his arms.

"Aside from demanding people stop using their devices so we could do a more thorough scan?  No."  Getting a rather evident glare from Samson, Plinkett clarifies.  "Even if we did do that, which we certainly shouldn't, there's still a lot of electromagnetic frequencies being generated in the environment that will cause interference."  Plinkett continues to look at Samson.  "We just have to keep our eyes open for anyone that might come off as suspicious.  Our best bet would be to trace our steps here... however few they are."

"...Fine."  Clearly, Samson wasn't pleased with this.  He couldn't afford to waste time chasing after someone who felt like taunting him from afar, not when he had more pressing matter that needed to be dealt with.  But...  But if this person had any information regarding those pressing matters... anything about the cloaked figure, or the Dusks, or the shards of the Traveler they took...  He turns back to gaze back at the Station Plaza up the road, walking back up the path.
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla on Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:22 pm

There, a response. It didn't seem too hostile, but then again that might just mean that the man and his orb were good at picking and choosing. However, listening more from the camera, they seemed interesting enough to establish more direct contact with.

Calling another phone, as fun as it may seem, was just going to waste time. She wasn't one to draw too much attention to herself, but in the absence of digital interfaces, she was forced to rely on some lower technology around the station.

Well, if nothing else, there was a pretty hefty instrument she was sitting on at that very moment. She had been thinking about how she could potentially control analog mechanisms with her spells, anyway.

Rather than pull up any sort of hologram, she simply dismissed the majority of the (more or less useless) searches she was using with the exception of one on the camera below and one in the neighborhood nearby, focusing her efforts on something larger and more unwieldy than the smooth infrastructure she was more familiar with. Sitting back, she looked at the camera pointed at the knight, and quite literally worked her magic.

Just below her, the minute hand of the massive clock moved clockwise, then counterclockwise, then clockwise, back and forth, back and forth. It was as if it were malfunctioning severely. Or... wait.

... was the clock... waving hello to the strangers down below?
    Mr. Z
    Mr. Z

Post by Mr. Z on Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:34 pm

As the two arrive back in the Station Plaza, Samson looks around to see is there were any persons that could be deemed suspicious, anyone that could have been the sender of that message.  There were a few people entering into the plaza from the station itself, but none of them had their phones out, and each of them not really taking notice of him or Plinkett, but instead were chatting among each other.  Otherwise there was no one else at ground level that looked to fit the bill.  "There isn't much here, Plinkett."

"Nothing ground level at least..."  Plinkett prepares to head to a higher elevation to see if the high ground could hold the answer, only to pause  "Hold on."

"What is it?"

"I'm detecting a particularly strong exotic energy field.  It doesn't correlate to any cataloged energy fields we've come across in the past."

"Can you detect where it's emanating..."  Samson isn't able to complete his sentence as he sees the hands of the clock tower begin to rotate back and forth, not unlike a pair of arms waving at him.  "...I assume that's where the energy field readings are coming from."

"More like where they are being directed to.  And luckily, its source isn't too far away from it either.  You'll have to start climbing, though."  Having done it's job for the moment, Plinkett slinks back down next to Samson's mark, the scrap of fabric by his waist, and hovering there.

"Climbing."  He looks up, seeing a few ledges on a nearby building, along with more ledges along the station itself.  His basic jump wouldn't be enough.  But his access to the Light did give him a little more leeway.  He hops towards the nearby building, using his connection to the Light to cause him to levitate into the air, giving him just enough upward thrust to grab onto the ledge and mantle up.  Facing outwards, he leaps again, only to use the power of the Traveler's Light to not only lift him up, but also push him back, rotating him as it does to so he can grab the ledge above and mantle up that.  The process repeats another two times before he exhausts the ledges on the building he is on.  Thankfully, the station's ledges were in reach, as he proceeded to climb up in the same fashion.  After a few more minutes of climbing (along with him accidentally dropping down a level from a misjudging of his jump) he reaches an area wide enough to walk.  Was there an easier way to get up to this point?  No doubt there was.  But for him, this seemed the easier option as he had no idea where he would have started to find another way up.

"Now, let's see who's just wanting to get my attention."
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla on Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:07 pm

The visor came up from her eyes as most of the holograms disappeared, resting on the top of her head akin to a headband. As the holograms disappeared, the blue of her skin faded into a fair color, and the clock stopped swinging, whatever signal was being sent out for it dissipating as well.

"So, I take it you're not from around 'ere," she said, her voice having a decided accent to it. "If you wanted to get up to me level, there's stairs." In an odd contrast to her apparent playful hacking, the voice was more down-to-earth, even a bit annoyed. "Strange knight comes along with future tech like that? At least the kids are young enough to blend in." Rolling her white eyes, she decided to switch her tack, realizing he clearly didn't care about being seen as much as some others might. "You on some kind of quest, knight? Might be able to 'elp me. Lookin' for a guy."

She did see the Ghost, that Monitor-like entity, as well. "Partner could do some diggin' with the right tools, I assume. Depends who's in charge between you."

(She won't give her name unless one of them asks.)
    Mr. Z
    Mr. Z

Post by Mr. Z on Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:14 pm

Samson and Plinkett look at each other, then back to the lady.  The fact she was wasn't all that phased at their appearance, being in the exact location where the exotic energy signature was sensed, not to mention that her comments seemed to suggest that there were apparently others who were well-traveled likely pointed to her being the one who coaxed them into finding her... and all apparently to find someone for her?

"You go through all of this...  Sending us a message meant to get our attention just after our arrival, having us waste time to find you... to ask us to help you find someone?"  The irritation was quite clear in Samson's voice.  "And you didn't think to walk down and talk to us like anyone else?  Or else have waited until we had completed our reconnoiter of this place before asking of us?"

"What my Guardian is trying to say is that we are currently in the middle of dealing with a particularly serious situation on our side.  I do apologize for his brashness though."

"Plinkett..."

"He's under high stress since this situation we're dealing with is one that he was told not to undertake by our superior officer..."  Plinkett would have continued, but Samson grabs hold of the Ghost and gives it a squeeze and letting go.  Turning around, Plinkett gazes at his Guardian, his eye briefly going red.  "You know, I hate it when you do that, Samson."

Samson is about to give a sharp retort, but pauses.  His frustration from doing this mission in spite of orders not to and his week-long traversal into uncharted territory had put him on edge.  Taking a deep breath, he looks at the lady.  Besides, Plinkett let enough info out that at this point, it'd be fruitless to withhold any other pertinent info.  "I apologize.  I've been on a hunt for a person myself, and the creatures that follow him.  They... they took items of importance, items that if left unchecked have the potential to unleash untold amounts of havoc if the power they hold is tapped into.  So you can understand why I am on edge."  Samson looks down at his Ghost.  "Do you still have the images on record?"

"That I do."  In response, three holographic images project out from Plinkett's eye.  In the center are crystalline shards.  To the right were the pale gangling creatures, and to the left was the figure in the black cloak, his hood down and revealing his face.  "We know almost nothing regarding the man or the creatures, save that the man called himself an Agent of Darkness.  We were only able to follow them because the man had left a distinct energy signature.  Similar traces of such energy were located around here."
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla on Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:39 am

Kira sat back and listened to the knight and his companion. True, she could have potentially just told them what she wanted, but she had no way of knowing if they were safe to approach. She was built for stealth and long range, but that armor was rather intimidating and hard for her to look past, on top of that formidable arsenal he was carrying. Given her own relative fragility, it made sense to stay away.

Furthermore, what would have been the fun in that?

Once they were done, she decided to give her answer to each of them in turn. First, she looked to the knight, her face showing annoyance. "Let's see... 'Eavily armored big guy walks into a town like this, and you think I should just let you go around doin' whatever you want without seein' if it's suspicious first, or if you're gonna leave right after you look? And without seein' if you're too dangerous to go to?" She motioned to the tower she was sitting on, then down below. "Or even gettin' downstairs to catch up in time? Make sense to you?"

She turned her attention to the floating orb, listening again before looking over the images carefully, her irritation fading away. While she didn't particularly care about whatever the other items were as of yet, the assailants were more to her interest. "Hm..." She nodded finally. "'Aven't seen that guy in particular, but that cloak's similar to who I'm lookin' for. Thought 'e'd be at the mansion down the street. Worth a look."

(Minor note: for sake of clarity in future posts, feel free to just assume she's talking in an accent, which will have some, but not all written out in full. Easier to write.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:45 pm