The Great Convergence: ReMix

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Great Convergence: ReMix

A remade video game crossover RP, based around the concepts of Kingdom Hearts

3 posters

Call of Determination

Strider Hiryu
    Strider Hiryu

Call of Determination - Page 2 Empty Re: Call of Determination

Post by Strider Hiryu Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:01 pm

Riku looked down as Azumi began to stir. He had chosen this spot because it was as far away from the city of Thebes as they could get, without having to climb up the mountain. The Keyblade Master watched as the woman woke up and blinked, having heard her whisper. "She knows Aqua? Is that who her teacher was?!" He thought, noting it explained a lot about Azumi's incomplete knowledge of the Convergence, but then shook his head in response to her question.

"We're both fine and no one else was hurt. We're out of the city though." Riku replied and looked at Sorin. He hadn't bothered replying to him while on the way here, more focused on getting some distance from the city. "As for why she was acting that way, it involves something I told her earlier. You're a Converger." The Keyblade Master gave the swordsman the full explanation, giving Azumi time to get up. Once he was finished, he looked at the woman again. "So Master Aqua's your teacher? She's the one I'm looking for. Me and Mickey were searching for her and two other Keyblade Wielders together. But we then split up to cover more ground. I came here, hoping to find some clue of her whereabouts."
    Sorin
    Sorin

Post by Sorin Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:49 pm

Sorin stayed quiet as Riku explained the Convergence and it sounded like something out of an isekai. But from what he has felt he knew that it was real no matter how impossible it seemed. It was a bit strange that Riku knew that this whole universe was considered fictional back in Sorin's own world but it did make things easier for him to explain about himself and any knowledge he might give out in the future.

"This whole thing is just crazy..." Sorin muttered to himself. For the moment he stood back to let Riku talk with the woman who apparently knew Aqua. Something that had to have changed due to the Convergence, as while Sorin's memory of what happened in Kingdom Hearts was a little fuzzy, he did know that Aqua was alone in the Realm of Darkness and only met Mickey at the end of the first game. This woman meeting her might be a pretty big change as having someone else around Aqua, might prevent that boss fight against her.

"Oh I uh didn't introduce myself. I'm Sorin Luca." Sorin added a bit awkwardly.
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:26 am

The young woman sighed with relief as she heard about how she had not hurt anyone. She had trouble controlling herself in those instances, along with her memory blanks. She had hit Master Aqua in one of those instances, and although she had not dealt serious harm and had been forgiven, she still was worried about such an event happening again now that she was around many more people.

The next thing Mas- Riku said made her eyes shoot wide open, her posture at full attention as she jumped to her feet despite her relative weakness. "You know how to get to her?!" she shouted. This was the first real clue she had gotten as for how to save her best friend, and she wasn't going to waste it. She had heard about this 'Mickey,' a humanoid mouse who was a king of a far off land, one who also wielded a Keyblade, but did not have much in the way of context beyond that, having not really cared to ask beyond how he was a mouse and a king, and not about his Keyblade wielding.

Before she could answer further, she looked to the swordsman, Sorin Luca, and tried to keep her tone level as she usually did, to get her emotions in check. After a deep breath, she answered. "Azumi Tamashī. I assume you met Master Riku." The terminology was an instinct more than anything, but she looked right back to the silver-haired teen, her eyes filled with intensity.

"I'm going with you. Back into the dark."

(Riku can deny her at first. She's persistent, but that doesn't mean he's going to just say "hop on board" without knowing anything about her.)
    Strider Hiryu
    Strider Hiryu

Post by Strider Hiryu Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:41 pm

"No." Riku immediately replied. He crossed his arms and stared at the woman. The Keyblade master knew next to nothing about her, besides her combat skills, the fact that she knew Aqua and her powers over darkness. The last one was what worried him, especially with how the woman lost control of herself and was overtaken by the darkness. "You let the darkness overtake you earlier. There's no telling what'll happen if you follow us into the Realm of Darkness. We also just met and I don't know anything about you besides how you fight. Let Mickey and me handle this."

Turning away from Azumi, Riku dropped his arms and faced Sorin again. "You're definitely recent since you appeared out of nowhere. I can give you a ride out of Olympus and drop you off at Radiant Garden. You can get a Gummi ship of your own there, just ask Cid. You should recognize him easily." He explained and his gaze fell down to the sword that Sorin had. "Still, that sword feels wrong. I'm sure you can ask Merlin about it if he's still there. Or Master Yen Sid after you get your own Gummi Ship. Maybe they can tell you more about it."
    Sorin
    Sorin

Post by Sorin Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:42 pm

"I'd really appreciate it, thank you." Sorin replied to Riku on his offer of a ride. It was good to know that he would be able to get off this world to one of the main worlds from the game. It would let him really figure out what he was going to do, now that he was stuck here.

"Wait what do you mean by my sword feeling wrong?" Sorin asked. "It's just a regular sword isn't it?"

Everything that Sorin had seen from it, looked just like a regular Japanese style sword. He didn't feel like anything was off about it. Then again Sorin was a newcomer in these worlds and Riku was a Keyblade Master. If he could feel that something was wrong about the sword, then there was a very good chance that he was right. Sorin would definitely need to talk to Merlin while he was talking to Cid about that Gummi Ship.

There was one final thing as Sorin glanced at Azumi. He had knowledge about Aqua and her current situation but Azumi's whole existence might have changed it's relevance. But with the fact that Riku wouldn't question where he got his information from, there was no reason to keep it to himself.

"If you are looking for Aqua then I can give a little information about what has happened to her but...I'm not sure how useful or even reliable it can be." Sorin finally said.
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:50 pm

Being told that she could not participate in a rescue mission, one of the only things she had, was... not the best thing for Azumi. Of course, she was capable of mostly controlling herself. Events of such emotional turmoil would be few and far between, and it wasn't as though she learned everything she ever had done was part of a game every day.

Nonetheless, her response was cold, eyes narrowed, as she glared at the Keyblade Master, her overt stoicism keeping her in check as her frustration boiled deep within. First, she held up a finger to the other swordsman, indicating she would talk wit him after. Then, she spoke. "I was there. I was there for who knows how long. Years. I know the way around the Realm of Darkness, once I get a key to get in. I know the way from one area to another, and know how to track her if there is any sign. I don't know if you've had your entire concept of reality upended every other day, but losing control is not as much of an issue as you might think. She trained me to use it, and I'm going to use what I can, much like I saw you use what you can."

She stepped up to the silver-haired teenager, glaring daggers at him, letting some darkness surround her fists momentarily before dismissing it as a show of control as much as a way to vent some of her anger for a moment. "I promised that we would both get out, and she's still there. I am not going to leave my mentor, my partner, my sister, there." Of course, she did not mean it literally, but instead as a sister-in-arms. but she was too incensed to explain.

"Or is going into the dark to save a friend such an alien concept to you, Riku?" She spat the last word, intentionally not using his title, as was her idiom around those she did not deem worthy of that kind of respect.

With that, she looked over at Sorin, taking a deep breath to try and appear a little more in control of herself. She wouldn't bring up the sword, that wasn't her priority right at that moment, but what he knew could be critical. "Then spit it out. Current information, point of entry, anything at all."

(Probably best not to bring up Anti-Aqua, but the rest is possible.)
    Strider Hiryu
    Strider Hiryu

Post by Strider Hiryu Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:14 pm

Riku frowned as Azumi glared at him. That was something he was expecting from her since he just told her no to her face, despite his own reasoning over why as he explained to her. What he wasn't expecting was her reply. The keyblade master dropped his arms and listened to the woman's angry reply. He did know she was her teacher but not just how much the two had bonded and he felt like an idiot for answer her with a no immediately. After all Riku himself made sacrifices to rescue his best friend after the events of Castle Oblivion with Mickey's help.

After Azumi was done telling him off and faced Sorin to speak to him, the keyblade master blinked. The thought of King Mickey made him remember a conversation he had with him before, after their failure in finding Aqua. "Sora was dragged into the abyss during his exam, and I went after him. So I think if we find someone who is really close to Aqua, and they make the dive, they can reach her down there. That was what I told Mickey." Riku looked at the woman and spoke after she was done with Sorin. "It isn't. I know it too well. And your heart's connected with Aqua's. I think you're the only one who can go into the abyss to save her."

He straightened himself. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have told you to do nothing for Aqua. You want to save her more than I do. And I really want to help her, she saved me too. A former Keyblade Master, Master Yen Sid said that it'd be faster to find Aqua with someone who has a connection to her heart. So first, come with me to meet Master Yen Sid. Tell us about the last time you saw Aqua, and join Mickey and me to save her."
    Sorin
    Sorin

Post by Sorin Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:50 pm

Well now Sorin has Azumi's attention, he tried to put his thoughts together on how to tell them what he knew. He'll try to tell Riku about Anti Aqua when he was alone as considering how Azumi went berserk earlier, her knowing about that might make her go berserk again.

"I agree that Azumi should go with you and Mickey on your next search. I don't remember exactly how you two found her, but having Azumi with you should help. She was with Aqua more recently than Mickey was and that stronger connection might help you find her. She isn't there alone though. She is currently with Ansem...the actual one. The problem is Xehanort is seeking Ansem and he will send his Heartless after them. Aqua should be okay as it is far focused on Ansem. However I don't know how likely these events will occur now. From what I know the only people who Aqua met in the Realm of Darkness were Mickey and Ansem. Azumi I have no idea how your presence changes things."

Azumi's time with Aqua could completely change how things go with Aqua.
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:50 am

Azumi took a moment to let herself calm down, listening to both Master Riku and Sorin. She had heard of this "Ansem" from a word or two around Radiant Garden, but aside from being associated with that world and potentially being of high authority there, she knew next to nothing about him. Master Aqua had never mentioned him, and she was in no position to really ask other residents about the man either. Nevertheless, she had heard the name "Xehanort," associated with an elderly, malevolent Keyblade Master, user of darkness, and the master of Vanitas. There was some connection between him and Terra, but she wasn't really one to ask about it, aside from the various hallucinations Aqua and herself had suffered, including some that had led to the female Keyblade Master talking about her old friend.

First, however, Azumi looked to Master Riku, a bit confused by how he said Aqua had saved him. Perhaps it was after she herself had disappeared? "I saw her roaming the worlds in the dark with me. We traveled there for years, but I don't know how long. The structure of that realm is constantly shifting, but I was always able to find her again. She said it was due to my heart, though it was what I call instinct." Then her military training took over. "If you need me to go back to give this Master Yen Sid a sitrep, I'll need to know where he is. If he's been around long enough to retire, he likely knows how these worlds work far better than we could."

Then, she looked over at Sorin, nodding in thanks. "Where is she? Even a short description would help, given mapping out that place is a waste of time."
    Strider Hiryu
    Strider Hiryu

Post by Strider Hiryu Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:05 pm

"I can give you the coordinates to Yen Sid's tower." Riku replied. "And he does. He even advised Master Aqua in the past." He added but looked surprised at the mention of Ansem. "Ansem the Wise? So that's where he ended up after the explosion." The Keyblade Master looked thoughtful, remembering the last time he saw the actual Ansem. Not counting the one he saw when he dove into Sora's heart. That had been a copy of the real one who also hid his research in his friend's heart.

"Then it's more important to find him and Aqua soon." Riku looked at Sorin, not bothering to comment on Azumi's presence changing things. From what he knew, the Great Convergence and the convergers that it brought to the Realm of Waking would also change things. "The same could be said about you, Sorin. But let's focus on learning everything we can so Aqua can be found. And also Ansem, before Xehanort's Heartless gets to them."
    Sorin
    Sorin

Post by Sorin Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:48 pm

"Sorry all I remember is that they were on a beach by the ocean. My knowledge of the Realm of Darkness is really limited." Sorin said as apologetically as he could. Really the games never gave too much information about the layout of the Realm of Darkness. Really only A Fragmentary Passage let players spend any real time there and that was something Sorin had never played so anything from that wouldn't be any help.

With all that taken care of, Sorin wanted to ask about something that Riku had mentioned earlier. "Hey when you mentioned about my sword feeling wrong, what did you mean? I never felt anything wrong about it." Even if he only had the weapon for a short time, Sorin thought he would have noticed something about it like Riku mentioned but he hasn't. To him, it was just a regular sword.
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:33 am

Azumi nodded in agreement with giving her the coordinates. It was best that she meet with this man, after all. Before she could respond audibly, she listened to Sorin. "I won't pretend to know much about how magic works, but there is something off about that blade. I'm sure others would be able to say more."

With that, she looked back to Master Riku. "I might take a bit of time to get there. I need to... process some things. But I will get over soon as I can."

She began to walk, a bit weak but not too bad all things considered. "You're the only other user of the dark I know," she acknowledged to the Keyblade Master, doing her best to keep her negative impressions about darkness under wraps, the ones to some degree cultivated by her friend by accident. "If there’s any way you can teach me, especially away from potential bystanders, that would be a great help."

(Up to you two how many more rounds this goes.)
    Strider Hiryu
    Strider Hiryu

Post by Strider Hiryu Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:59 pm

"Take your time getting things straightened out." Riku replied, looking at Azumi. He nodded in response to her acknowledging him as a user of darkness and her desire to learn more. The Keyblade Master believed the woman would need to learn for future events, especially if she was going to join in on the search for Aqua. "I'll teach you everything I know when we meet again. I'll send a message when I've found a safe place to train."

He turned his gaze back to Sorin and crossed his arms. "She's right, that sword does feel wrong. I don't know why you can't feel it but it's hard being near it." Riku admitted, dropping his arms back down. "Maybe Merlin knows something. If not, you could also visit Master Yen Sid after you get your Gummi ship. I honestly don't know why your sword just feels wrong."

(I think we can end this in a round or two)
    Sorin
    Sorin

Post by Sorin Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:03 pm

Sorin watched as Azumi started to walk off. She obviously had her own problems, even beyond wanting to save Aqua but having just met her, Sorin didn't really think he would be able to do anything to help. Especially when he needed a lot of help himself. So he just hoped that Azumi would be okay and would be able to deal with everything.

"Uh Azumi...take care of yourself and I really do think you will find Aqua." Sorin said, wanting to encourage her, at least a little. Even if this whole Convergence changed what was supposed to happen, he did think that Azumi, Riku and Mickey could find Aqua. The question was would she still be alright or would they have to deal with Anti-Aqua.

Turning back to Riku, he just nodded though Sorin was still confused. All this talk about his sword feeling wrong just made no sense to him. While Sorin never had an actual sword before the one he had, seemed like a regular sword. But maybe it was something related to darkness that only someone like Riku or Azumi could sense. Of course that would make the sword incredibly dangerous but it was the only weapon Sorin had in a very dangerous multiverse like Kingdom Hearts.

"I understand. I'll talk to Merlin so I would really appreciate if you took me to Radiant Garden." Sorin said before bowing slightly to Riku.
    Gregzilla
    Gregzilla

Post by Gregzilla Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:09 pm

The woman nodded back toward the Keyblade Master, and stood at attention, giving a brief salute. She knew better than to think everywhere had the same responses to leadership, but it was an instinct, and not one that Master Aqua had tried to drill out of her, considering it was essentially harmless. "I admit, I can't learn most of that, especially not on short notice, but... some ways of sensing the dark would be helpful. I have some, but not a lot, and most of it is just instinct beyond magic."

She let herself be at ease, knowing Riku likely wouldn't be aware of what to say, though it took a bit of effort to relax. With that, she began to walk off down the path shown by the ravine, off on her way.

She had some things to take care of, and things to consider, before she could even begin to comprehend going off to find this Master Yen Sid. Were these things good ideas? Probably not, but despite her outward calm, she was definitely not in a good state of mind. If she was even remotely decently equipped on an emotional level by the time she was done, she would head over. Who knew? It was possible she could even learn about the dark a bit more from her newest teacher she had met here.

(And she's out. She wouldn't have really paid much mind to Sorin in any case at this point, but may later on. You two can wrap up. Hope you enjoyed it.)
    Strider Hiryu
    Strider Hiryu

Post by Strider Hiryu Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:15 pm

Riku watched as Azumi left then turned to face Sorin. "We should get going." He turned around and led Sorin to where he had arrived from in this world. Finding the point where he warped in from, the Keyblade Master entered his Gummi ship and waited for the new Converger swordsman to get on. Once Sorin was on the ship, Riku went to the the bridge and set the coordinates. "We should get to Radiant Garden soon from here. Sit down and rest up." He piloted the ship as it left Olympus, and took out his Gummiphone. "I need to tell Mickey the news."

(And I'm out in this thread.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 pm